HAMMER'S FITNESS BOOTCAMP
"THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY"
*US Navy SEALs

Tuesday, August 08, 2006  

Plateau

Anyone who's tried to lose weight will be with me on this one. Plateaus are hard. They take all your mental energy because you're not only discouraged, but you spend every waking moment figuring out how to break out of it.
In April I weighed 220lbs. That's a lot on a 5'10" frame. I've been at 195 for about 2 months now, and it is frustrating. The difficulty is that I'm also doing all this training, so I have a huge appetite. I'm not eating junk, just tons!
I realize that the scale is a poor indicator of body fitness, but my knees don't care if its fat or muscle, it's still heavy.

This winter will be my proving ground, I think. No races to think about, just training. Cross country ski season is fast approaching, and that was always good to shed the pounds.
This process of transforming a former power lifter into a triathlete is hard, but necessary. I want my knees and ankles to last a long time. My shoulders and wrists even take a beating leaning over the handlebars.
I'm hanging in and working hard. Hopefully my next wieght related post will be good news.

Comments:
Don't feel like you are alone. I have been trying to get to the next level with my weight also...

It's tricky business for us gravity-challenged folks. :)

Keep doing what you are doing...this stuff has got to pay off in the long run, right?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"If it was easy, everybody would do it!"

I'm Hammer, from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada and I'm an age-group triathlete. I'm also a husband, father of 3 girls, a career firefighter, and a musician. I'm a busy guy, but that's the price you pay for being a Renaissance Man.

Links I Like and Use
Crossfit
SEALFIT
Ontario Trysport
MultiSport Canada Tri Series
TriSport Subaru Tri Series
Sudbury Rocks Running Club
Rudy Reyes
Mark's Daily Apple
Nickel City Tri Team
Ontario Association of Triathletes
Triathlon Canada

2010 Tentative Schedule
DateEventType
May 2 Sudbury Rocks
Diabetes Marathon
Half Marathon

I Use These Products

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   June 2007   July 2007   April 2008   February 2010   March 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?