HAMMER'S FITNESS BOOTCAMP
"THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY"
*US Navy SEALs

Monday, June 18, 2007  

Muskoka Triathlon

Disaster.

That's it in a nutshell.

I should have known. When I arrived they had me listed as 23 years old, when I'm really 38. "Don't worry," they said,"You're a Clydesdale, so as long as you're listed under 39, its fine." What they didn't take into consideration my having to explain my cap colour to 100 different people. This must have been an omen.

So the race starts. I feel out of breath in the swim, and never recover. Breast stroke for half the 750m. Out of 436, I'm 180th overall. Wonderful. The swim is my best event.

On to the bike. Felt good, felt fast. Not so. 313th on the bike. The hits just keep on coming.

The run. Oh, the run. Out of gas. Monumental struggle just to finish. Worst 5K time of my life. 329th.

That's a final placing of 265th overall. I need to re-evaluate my training. It's obviously not enough. The race just made me feel very over weight and very slow. I probably won't post much here anymore. Obviously blog posting does nothing to improve my fitness.

"If it was easy, everybody would do it!"

I'm Hammer, from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada and I'm an age-group triathlete. I'm also a husband, father of 3 girls, a career firefighter, and a musician. I'm a busy guy, but that's the price you pay for being a Renaissance Man.

Links I Like and Use
Crossfit
SEALFIT
Ontario Trysport
MultiSport Canada Tri Series
TriSport Subaru Tri Series
Sudbury Rocks Running Club
Rudy Reyes
Mark's Daily Apple
Nickel City Tri Team
Ontario Association of Triathletes
Triathlon Canada

2010 Tentative Schedule
DateEventType
May 2 Sudbury Rocks
Diabetes Marathon
Half Marathon

I Use These Products

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   June 2007   July 2007   April 2008   February 2010   March 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?